Importing Demo Content
1. Login into your WordPress Admin section (http://www.your-web-site.com/wp-admin)
2. Go to Tools -> Import in the blog’s admin panels.
3. Click on WordPress and follow the instructions if Import plugin isn’t installed yet.
4. Browse the included demo.xml (XML file) from our Theme Download Zip Package demo folder and Upload the XML file.
5. You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
6. Click the “Download and import file attachments” checkbox to download all image attachments.
7. WordPress will then import each of the posts, comments, and categories and custom post types (clients, portfolio,..) contained in this file into your blog.
8. Note: The Sidebar and Footer Widgets are not replicated on your imported demo content. You should be the one to create the widgets. To create widgets, navigate to the left sidebar menu of the WordPress’ Dashboard, then Appearance > Widgets. Just drag and drop the widgets on to the widgets area on the right side of the widgets page.
Note: some themes will include slider and/or widget demo files.